Friday, February 29, 2008

I passed these flowers, there are blues, yellows and pinks coming out in the desert. While taking a picture, an old shovelhead Harley Bagger pulling a small cargo trailer, turned around and came back. I thought he was doing it to offer assistance, but his passenger just wanted to take a picture too. When I pulled out I smelled oil, and figured it was the Harley. About a mile down the road, I noticed my left boot was covered, the whole left side if the bike was covered, and when I stopped, there was a huge puddle under the bike in a few seconds. I won't go into the whole story, it's sort of long, and sort of funny, but it was my fault. The fill plug was gone. A piece of cactus skeleton with some Kleenex wrapped around it did the trick to get me to a quick stop for some oil (light hadn't came on) and a call to Tony D. found a Suzuki dealer in Anthem, AZ got me a temporary plug. All's well

No comments: